Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Response: Drunkerexia

My group didn't present covers this week, so I thought I would go ahead and respond to the covers we saw from the Drunkerexia group.

After class, I thought about how the photos were handled and the idea behind them. I understand the concept, and I really like it!

And I also think the photos work nicely – within a certain context.

The women grouped together got across the message to me; It was almost as if the women were unified, and the focus seemed more on the group. But when there were one to three stomachs in focus, the comparison of women/bottles was too strong. I think we should still keep in mind that some readers might interpret the painted-on stomachs (in the singular or cut-out photos) as objectifying.

Just some food for thought! Anyone else give any consideration to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment