Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Critique: Martini Covers round 1

The first round of the "Three Martini Lunch" covers were due on Monday. I haven't gotten feedback on them yet, but I thought I would talk about the process and show two of the ones I submitted.

I didn't really mess with the typography very much, so that would obviously need some work. We were told to focus on photography ideas so we can do a shoot, so both of these ideas would be for the studio.

The first would be at a restaurant booth, just seeing the back of some people as they enjoy a Three Martini Lunch. We don't usually use studio shots of people on the cover (I can't think of any except for T/F and one winter issue with a girl modeling a scarf) so this would be out of the ordinary. The second one is a combination of several photos. The idea there would be that there are several more martinis on the table/sort of a decadent, indulgent vibe.

Here they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment