Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Critique: Portfolios

On Tuesday we looked at each other's outlines for print portfolios. The examples I saw looked like they were definitely on the path to being professional, sleek books. My mockup was very rough, but I received some helpful tips as well.

Being in a class of twenty-some designers is incredibly helpful when you are planning your first print portfolio, as I am. Who better to critique and look at your designs and layouts of your work than your classmates, who are all in the same boat?

Here are some things that struck me as important:

1) Put your designs in context of the project they came from, and explain why you included it.

2) Let everything breath by including a few white pages and splash pages.

3) Tease to your website or contact info somewhere in the book.

And, of course, use high-res!

No comments:

Post a Comment