Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Response: Websites

We looked at each others' sites for the first time on Tuesday, along with our first drafts of portfolios. 

There was a lot of variation in style and tone on the sites, and it definitely helped inspire me to make some changes on my own site, http://cargocollective.com/feliciagreiff. I recently upgraded my site, and I intend on learning some CSS to get me to a more finished, polished look. Since yesterday, I have added my logo (a work in progress). 

I began thinking about what employers are looking for when they peruse designers' sites. I'm sure the most important part is that the work is easy to get to and see, but there are other concerns like branding and style. As this is my first site draft, it is low on style for now. But in the next few months, I'm going to develop it and hopefully get it to a place that makes me really stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment