Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Critique: 10/5 Ads

Today we briefly looked at each other's ads for Vox Talk or the Vox calendar. All of the second drafts turned out really nice, especially in terms of graphics. It seemed like people really focused on images that were easily recognizable and colorful. Here are my second drafts:





I had a lot of fun with these. I made some textures on Illustrator, and creating the little icons was a blast. My favorites include the one with the scraps of paper and the ticket one. As we discussed in class, the "http://" should be taken off, and I could reduce the text on some of them. 

This exercise was important because I think employers expect designers to have a lot of transferrable, over-arching skills. They want to know you can do the work of a couple different people if necessary, and that you have a handle on advertising (because a magazine cover is basically a pretty, informative ad). 

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's final ads turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Felicia: I thought your 10/5 ad designs were simple yet fun. I think that's important while designing house ads. You get the info across, but you send the message in a clean and appealing way. Also, I enjoyed your "FOMO" ad because I use that term frequently while I am designing all night and my friends are out and about. Also that ad stuck out to me because of your gradient/textured background. Good job

    ReplyDelete