Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Critique: Jack Designs

On Monday we presented our "Jack Knife" designs to the publishers. I shortened my nameplate to just "Jack," but otherwise stuck with the same direction and personality that the publishers wrote out. Here is the edited version of my design: 



This is the cover. I cut out the nameplate using Impact and some green wood texture I found. I thought the texture could change with every issue to keep it fresh. 



Here is a detail of some succulent-looking short ribs. I figure men as well as women like images that appeal to the senses.


Sean Connery used to promote Jim Beam, so I thought his presence would add to the manly factor.


Here's the feature. 3 x 3 grid on the left, and a simple head in Impact on the right.
The presentation with the publishers went well, I thought. Everyone in my group brought really appealing, though-out designs, and I'm sure the publishers will have a hard time making up their minds. Well done, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment